The Map Search option allows you to search using Google’s robust search functionality. You can search using the following information:
- Physical address, e.g., 111 W. 76th St., Davenport, IA 52806
- City and State, e.g., Davenport, IA
- County, e.g., Scott, IA
- Townships, e.g., Pleasant Valley Township, Iowa
To use the Map Search option, follow these steps:
- In the top navigation bar, click on Map Search. [Insert image: SearchingCapabilities_MapSearch] A search field appears. [Insert image: SearchingCapabilities_MapSearchField]
- In the search field, type the information you want to search for. In this example, we’ve entered a physical address. As you begin to type, a list of possible selections displays. [Insert image: SearchingCapabilities_PhysicalAddress]
- Click the selection you want to view. The map relocates to the chosen area.
Working Simultaneously with Multiple Customers
Another feature to AgOS Mapping is the ability to work with multiple objects (customers, farms, fields) at the same time.
- Locate the desired customers in the left hand navigation.
- Note: Currently, you cannot use the search function to locate the desired grouping of customers.
- Highlight multiple customers by pressing and holding the Ctrl key on the keyboard and clicking on the desired customers. [Insert image: MultipleCustomers_GroupSelectedInList]
- While continuing to hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard, double-click on the desired customers. This opens the customers’ objects for use. [Insert image: MultipleCustomers_GroupOpens]
Opening Multiple Farms
- Search for a specific customer.
- Double-click on the desired customer. This opens the customer’s objects for use.
- Locate the desired farms.
- Highlight multiple farms by pressing the Ctrl key on the keyboard and clicking on the desired farms.
- Right-click on the selected farms and select “Expand All Children” from the menu. [Insert image: MultipleFarms_ExpandAllChildren] This opens all of the objects for the selected farms. [Insert image: MultipleFarms_ChildrenExpanded.jpg]